MAKES 2 BIG LOAVES OR 16 SMALL LOAVES
Pre-Heat Oven To 350*F and Bake For 45 Minutes For Large Loaves
Or 30 Minutes For Small Loaves
These Times Can Be Changed According To Your Oven. My Oven Heats Very Hot and I Have To Shorten The Minutes As Opposed To More Time or Zucchini Bread Will Be Too Dry. If Your Oven Is Not As Hot Add 15 Minutes To Baking Time or As Needed.
- 3 Cups of All Purpose Flour (Unbleached Flour)
- 11/2 Tsp. of Salt
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 11/2 Tsp. of Ground Cinnamon
- 11/2 Cups of Sugar (I Use Truvia in Place of White Sugar. Truvia Has Stevia Mixed with White Sugar. 1/2 Cup of Truvia = 1 Cup of White Sugar)
- 11/2 Cups of Brown Sugar ( I Use Truvia as 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar Truvia = 1 Cup of Brown Sugar)
Mix Dry Ingredients Together Throughly.
- 2 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil (I use Olive Oil, Virgin, Cold Pressed)
- 1/2 Cup of Applesauce
- 4 Eggs Beaten (I Use Large, Free Range)
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 3 Cups of Zucchini (Shredded or Grated)
- 2 Cups of Walnuts (Chopped, Put In Last)
Mix Wet Ingredients Together, Then Fold Into Dry Ingredients. I Use A Big Spoon To Place Bread Batter Into Pans Both Large And Small. It Makes Too Much of A Mess To Pour For Me. I Put Chopped Nuts In Last. My Family Loves Lots of Walnuts, But You Can Use Less If You Like Less or You Can Leave Them Out Entirely…It’s Up To You.
Prepare Loaf Pan, Grease and Sprinkle With Dusting of Flour. I Bake In The Oven at 350*F For 45 Minutes For Large Loaves and 30 Minutes For Small Loaves. You May Have To Add Minutes As My Oven Is Very Hot.
After Baking, Let Set To Cool For 10-15 Minutes. Remove From The Pans. I use Butter or Cream Cheese With Strawberries or Blueberries. The Cream Cheese Is a Protein and Will Slow The Rise of Blood Sugar and The Berries Are Good For My Husband Who Is Diabetic. I Also Use Small Loaves And Freeze Most of Them. He Will Eat Too Much Otherwise, Which is Not Good For Him. He Can Have Some Zucchini Bread, But Not Too Much. Zucchini Is Nutritious and A Way To Get Your Kids To Eat Squash!