I have always loved good nutritious Bread. Since Bananas are so good for you and I dehydrate them for my family, My Husband takes Dehydrated Bananas in a little baggie outside to work as his Electrolytes become unbalanced as he perspires. Eating a Few Dehydrated Banana Slices will help balance his Electrolytes.
I also love Banana Bread hot from the oven with either Butter or Cream Cheese. I use Cream Cheese for my Husband as it is a Protein to help even out his Blood Sugar. I will share my recipe with you to enjoy.
- 13/4 Cups of Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 11/2 Tsp. of Baking Soda
- 11/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. of Cinnamon (Optional)
- Walnuts or Pecans (As little or as Many as You Like) Optional
- 4 Medium, Mashed Bananas
- 11/4 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil (I Use Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed)
- 1/4 Cup of Hot Water or Applesauce
- 2 Eggs, Large, Free Range
- 1 Cup of Sugar (I Use Truvia as 1/2 Cup of Truvia = 1 Cup Of Sugar)
Preheat Oven to 350*. I Grease a Small Loaves Pan or Large Loaf Pan and Grease, Dust With Flour and Fill 1/2 Full. As My Oven is Super Hot, I Only Bake for 25-30 Minutes or any longer The Bread Will Be too Dry. Check The Center of The Loaf With Toothpick or Knife To Check If Done. Knife or Toothpick Should Come Out Clean. Let Cool For 5-10 Minutes and Remove From Pan. Eat Plain or Top With a Favorite Topping…Enjoy! I Put a Little Cinnamon in and Cut The Oil With Water or Applesauce because My Husband Is Diabetic. If You Like You May Use Oil instead of Hot Water and Applesauce. I Freeze The Extra Loaves so My Husband Will Not Eat Too Much.
“This Is A Delicious, Nutritious Bread”
“If You Don’t Eat Too Much”