- 3 Cups Fresh Peaches
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar (I use Truvia Instead of Sugar. 1/8 Cup of Truvia = 1/4 Cup of Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch, Flour, or Arrowroot
- 11/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour (Unbleached)
- 1/4 Cups Sugar (I Use Truvia as 1/8 Cup of Truvia = 1/4 Cup of Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Iodine Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Stick of Butter, Chilled
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
Preheat Oven to 400*F.
Rinse and Slice Peaches.
Filling: Combine Peaches With Sugar, Lemon Juice and Cornstarch. Mix Together. Pour into a Buttered 9×5 inch Loaf Pan or Cake Pan.
Topping: Mix Together Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Salt and Cinnamon. Cut The Butter Into Small Oatmeal-Like Pieces. Combine The Egg and Milk and Stir Until The Dough Comes Together. Cover The Top of The Filling Completely and Sprinkle With 2 Tsp. of Sugar. Place Cobbler in Middle of Baking Sheet For 30-35 Minutes. Remove and Let Cool Slightly Before Serving. Serve Warm Over a Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream. Serves 6.