DEHYDRATING FRUIT 101
Preparing The Peaches To Dehydrate:
- Both Clingstone and Freestone Peaches Can Be Used (Freestone=Remove Pitt With Ease. Clingstone a Little Harder To Remove).
- Large, Firm, Red White or Yellow Peaches Can Be Used.
- Avoid Green or Immature Peaches as They Produce a Poor Dried Fruit.
- Wash Peaches Throughly.
- To Remove Skins, Dip in Boiling Water For About A Minute or 30 Sec. Depending on How Ripe Fruit is, Then Into Cold Water.
- Remove Skins and Pits.
- Remove Bruises and Cut Into 1/4″ Slices.
- Dehydrate at 135*F/57C Until Leather-Like.
Use Dried or Rehydrated Peaches in Cookies, Cakes, Breads, Upside Down Cakes, Puddings or as Toppings Over Ice Cream.