15 Bean, Potatoes, & Collard Soup
I will relate the Health & Healing of this particular Soup and will place the recipe under Recipe’s. These are the ingredients within this soup and the healing benefits:
- 1 Bag of 15 Bean Dried Beans or other Dried Beans
- 1/2 Package of Turkey Bacon
- About 10 Small to Medium Red Potatoes
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- 20 Small Carrots
- 1 Cabbage Collard (Heirloom, Southern , Old Fashioned)
- 2 Large Celery Stalks
- Spices of Ginger, Cinnamon, Garlic, Curry Powder, Italian Spices, Oregano, Black Pepper, Sea Salt.
The bag of 15 Dried Beans is my protein and a lot of minerals in there for our electrolytes like Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, etc.
The Red Potatoes are better for Diabetics and are also an electrolyte rich food.
Yellow Onions are natural antibiotics as well as milder flavor.
Carrots are full of beta carotene, good for the eyes, etc
Celery is great for lowering blood pressure as well as added flavor.
Cabbage Collard from the garden is tender and sweet full of iron and other minerals.
Spices: I chose these spices for flavors that go together with everything in the soup as well as health:
- Ginger: Joint Pain, Blood Pressure, Upset Stomach, Flavoring.
- Cinnamon: Blood Sugar, Blood Thinner, Flavoring.
- Garlic: Antibiotic, Anti-inflammatory, Blood Pressure, Flavoring.
- Curry Powder: Anti-Inflammatory, Flavoring
- Italian Spices: Mixed Italian Spices that have Micronutrients, Flavoring.
- Oregano: Also included within Mixed Italian Spices, Antibacterial, Anti-fungal, Anti-Viral, Flavoring.
- Black Pepper: Enhances the bioavailability of Curry, Flavoring.
- Salt: Part of the Electrolyte family as well as Flavoring.
My Husband has a lot of Health Issues and I chose this particular soup to address, primarily, his health and to keep him from acquiring more things like Gout, Cold and Flu, as it is Flu Season. I also use a myriad of Certified Organic Essential Oil mixtures on his hands to keep germs at bay as they do not kill the good germs, only the bad.
Also, I use filtered water with a drop of Thyme in it to kill any Viruses or Bacteria as well. Diffuse/Humidify Cinnamon and Orange into the air to clean and moisturize the air and kill viruses and bacteria lurking there. These preventives should help him fight diseases and kill interlopers trying to break into the body. Always Check with your doctor to fix this soup according to what works with your body chemistry and taste!
“LIFE IS GOOD”