“CINNAMON TOPPED BANANA BREAD”
A LITTLE RICHER TEXTURED BREAD
My husband is Diabetic and I am careful with my ingredients so as not to tempt him to forget his diet. I still look for ways to give him variety in the foods he eats. I have made a new version of the same recipe and it is delicious and he loves it…very moist and still nutritious. Makes 2 Loaf Pans or 16 Small Loaves. I Make Small Loaves To Freeze.
- 41/2 Cups Flour (All-Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- 31/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 11/2 Salt
- 3 Cups of Sugar (I Use Truvia and 1/2 Cup of Truvia=1 Cup of Sugar, So 11/2 Cups of Truvia). You Can Also Divide The White Truvia With Brown Truvia. The Brown Truvia makes The Bread A Little Richer In Flavor.
- 3/4 Cup of Softened Butter (Organic)
- 3 Eggs (Free Range/Organic)
- 11/2 Cups of Sour Cream (Organic)
- 11/2 Cups of Cinnamon , Natural (No Sugar) Applesauce (Organic)
- 21/2 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract (Natural, Real Vanilla)
- 6 Ripe, Mashed, Organic Bananas
- 2 cups of Walnuts or Pecans (Optional)
Set Oven to Bake at 350*…Grease and Dust the Loaf Pans With Butter and Flour. Mix Wet Ingredients Together and Fold into Mixed Dry Ingredients. Fill Each Small Loaf Pan 1/2 Full. Place in oven for About 20 Minutes or until Toothpick Inserted in Each Loaf Comes out Clean. Let Cool in Pans For 10-15 Minutes. I Store Loaves in Freezer Bags to Retain Moisture. I Put Truvia Brown Sugar Mixed With Cinnamon (Tiny Bit) as a Topping…Enjoy! I also Put Them In The Freezer and Take Out A Little At A Time. They Keep Well. We Do Not Seem To Gain Weight From These Loaves, But They Help For a Pick-Me-Up or For A Snack After School or Work With Good Nutrition.
“HEALTH IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET”